The military is a rewarding and fulfilling career path for those who are looking to serve their country, receive fully funded education and gain valuable life skills. With a huge selection of job opportunities and a supportive community there has never been a better time to join. To view which jobs are available right now start an online search today.
A Secure Future For Your Family Through The Military
Did you know that there are doctors, lawyers, engineers, computer specialists, accountants and teachers who all work for the military?1 There is an endless list of different occupations that you can be paid to learn and be educated in whilst working in the military. America is undergoing a shortage and new programs have been initiated to help compensate those ready to join the military.2
Joining the military can provide individuals with numerous benefits, both professionally and personally. Through military service, individuals receive comprehensive training and education programs that help enhance their skills and experiences. They are also eligible for competitive salaries and benefits, including housing allowances and health insurance. Additionally, military service offers opportunities for career advancement and a sense of purpose and fulfillment through serving their country.
Amazing Benefits Of A Military Career
- Comprehensive training and education: The military gives its members a lot of training and education, which not only helps them do their jobs better but also helps them grow as people and as professionals. Service members can get degrees and certifications by taking advantage of programmes like the Tuition Assistance Program, which pays for tuition and other costs.
- Generous pay and benefits: People who serve in the military get competitive pay, housing allowances, and health insurance, among other things. Also, no matter how old they are, they are eligible for retirement benefits after 20 years of service.3
- Opportunities to move up in your career: The military offers many ways to move up in your career, such as promotions, leadership positions, and special assignments. Members of the military can also use their skills and experiences in the civilian world, which can lead to exciting jobs.
- Serving in the military is a noble and fulfilling career choice. Service members have the chance to help their country and its people and make a difference.
Which Types Of Jobs Are Available?
People from all kinds of backgrounds and with different skills can find work in the military. Some of the most common military jobs are for engineers, who keep and fix complex equipment and systems, doctors and nurses, who care for service members and their families, teachers, who teach and train service members, and lawyers, who help and advise the military community on legal matters. These jobs require specific skills and knowledge, and the people who do them play a big part in helping the military do its job and making sure service members and their families are safe and healthy. As an engineer, doctor, nurse, teacher, or lawyer, joining the military can give people the chance to make a real difference in the lives of other people while also pursuing a challenging and rewarding career.
Education Pathways In The Military
- High School Diploma: Most jobs in the military require a high school diploma, but some may need more education. With a high school diploma, a person can apply for entry-level jobs in combat, technical, and support roles.
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree: An associate’s or bachelor’s degree is needed for many technical and support jobs in the military. This is especially true in fields like engineering, intelligence, and communications. Service members with more education may also be able to take on advanced leadership roles and special tasks.
- Advanced Degrees: People in the military with advanced degrees, like a Master’s or Ph.D., may be able to take on senior leadership roles and technical roles that require specialised knowledge.
What Skills Are Needed?
The skills needed for jobs in the military depend on the job and the branch of service. But some of the most important skills for jobs in the military are:
- Physical fitness: Many jobs in the military, like combat and special operations, need a high level of physical fitness.
- Leadership: Being in the military requires people to be good leaders and work well in a team setting.
- Communication: Being in the military requires good communication skills because service members must be able to understand and pass on complicated information and orders in high-pressure situations.
Thinking Of A Career Pathway In The Military?
Overall, joining the military is a rewarding and fulfilling career choice for those looking to serve their country and gain valuable skills and experiences. You can have job security and the ability to improve your skills across many avenues. To learn more about the jobs available today start an online search.