Are you considering a new career? Well employment of nurse practitioners is projected to grow 45% by 2029, much faster than the average for all other occupations.1 Best of all there are now several fast tracked nurse practitioner programs you can take 100% online and are fully accredited. To see the fastest and most affordable nurse practitioner programs start an online search today.
Benefits of Becoming a Family Nurse Practitioner
Becoming a family nurse practitioner (FNP) can be a fulfilling career choice with many benefits. Here are some of the benefits of becoming an FNP that you might want to consider.
- High demand: There is a growing demand for healthcare providers, including FNPs, due to an aging population and an increase in chronic health conditions.
- Competitive salary: FNPs can earn a competitive salary. Salary can vary based on factors such as years of experience, location, and specialty.
- Flexibility: The flexibility to work in a variety of settings, including clinics, hospitals, private practices, and schools. They can also choose to work full-time or part-time, and some may have the option to work from home or provide telehealth services.
- Autonomy: FNPs have a high level of autonomy in their practice, allowing them to diagnose and treat patients, prescribe medication, and order diagnostic tests.
- Fulfilling career: To make a positive impact on the lives of their patients by providing compassionate care and promoting healthy lifestyles. They can also develop long-term relationships with patients and their families, providing continuity of care over time.
- Lifelong learning: Becoming an FNP requires advanced education and ongoing professional development, providing opportunities for lifelong learning and personal growth.
What are Family Nurse Practitioners?
Family nurse practitioners (FNPs) are advanced practice registered nurses (APRNs) who specialize in providing primary care to patients across the lifespan. FNPs can diagnose and treat a wide range of acute and chronic illnesses, prescribe medications, and provide preventative care. They work in collaboration with physicians and other healthcare professionals to provide comprehensive care to their patients.
Why Should You Take Online Programs?
Online programs allow you to complete coursework on your own schedule from the comfort of your own home. This flexibility is especially important for working professionals who may not have the time or resources to attend classes on campus. It is also often have lower tuition rates than traditional programs, and you can save money on housing and transportation costs since you don’t need to commute to campus.
Enrolling for Online Programs
Before enrolling for online programs, you’ll need to meet the program’s admission requirements which may include a bachelor’s degree in nursing, a minimum GPA, and a valid RN license. This may also include the need to submit letters of recommendation, a personal statement, and transcripts from previous academic work. Once you’ve been accepted into an online program, complete coursework online and clinical rotations in-person at a healthcare facility near you. The number of clinical hours required can vary depending on the program, so it’s important to research each program’s requirements before enrolling.
What Else To Consider For Your Chosen Course
Some other important factors to consider when choosing the right course for you include.
- Accreditation: Accreditation ensures that the program meets certain standards for quality and that the coursework and clinical experiences will adequately prepare you for your career as an FNP.
- Accrediting bodies: The two main accrediting bodies for nurse practitioner programs are the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) and the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) Both organizations are recognized by the U.S. Department of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.2
- Curriculum: Review the program’s curriculum to ensure it aligns with your career goals and interests. Look for programs that offer specialized courses in family nursing practice, as well as courses in research, health assessment, and pharmacology.
- Clinical experiences: Look for programs that offer clinical experiences that align with your career goals and interests. These experiences are important for building your practical skills and preparing you for the workforce.
Fastest Nurse Practitioner Programs Available Online Right Now
There are several nurse practitioner programs available online that can be completed in a shorter amount of time than traditional programs. Here are some of the fastest nurse practitioner programs available online right now.
- Frontier Nursing University – offers an online Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) program with a family nurse practitioner specialization that can be completed in just 19 months.3
- Georgetown University – offers an online MSN program with a family nurse practitioner specialization that can be completed in 19-24 months, depending on the pace of the student.
- Simmons University – offers an online MSN program with a family nurse practitioner specialization that can be completed in just 20 months.
- Maryville University – offers an online Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) program with a family nurse practitioner specialization that can be completed in just 24 months.
- Walden University – offers an online MSN program with a family nurse practitioner specialization that can be completed in just 24 months.
Start Your Family Nurse Practitioner Career Today
Becoming a family nurse practitioner can be a rewarding career path with many benefits, including flexibility and high demand. When enrolling in an online program, it’s important to ensure its accreditation and the program’s curriculum. To see the fastest and most affordable nurse practitioner programs start an online search today.