Home renovation is a hot topic these days and for good reason. An outlet for creativity and adding to your greatest assets overall value is a fantastic investment. According to recent reports 60% of American homeowners have began home improvement works.1 Start an online search today to discover how kitchen remodelling can drastically improve your homes value.
The DIY Home Improvement Wave
The home improvement market is expected to grow from $316.8billion in 2020 to a jaw dropping $585.3billion by 2030.2 This massive wave of homeowners working on improving their home is due to changes in styling as we move into a new era. With so many American homes being built a century ago needs for upgrades have hit new levels. Home improvement projects are proving to be a fantastic way for homeowners to increase the price of their homes.
What Are The Most Popular Home Renovation Projects?
The most popular home improvement project is a kitchen remodel. This is likely due to the fact that homeowners can recoup about 80% of their original investment according to Remodeling Magazine’s annual Cost vs. Value report. Not only does this project offer a great return on investment but it also allows for incredible creativity. Homeowners are now looking to remodel their kitchens to fit their unique style. They want a space that is comfortable and inviting as well as reflects their own personal taste.
What Are The Most Popular Kitchen Remodelling Ideas?
There are a few popular kitchen remodelling ideas that homeowners are using to create their dream space.
- Open Concept Layouts – Open concept layouts have become increasingly popular in home design. This type of layout allows for more social interaction and creates the illusion of a larger space. It is the perfect layout for entertaining guests or for family gatherings.
- L-Shaped Layouts – L-shaped layouts are a great option for small kitchens. This layout makes the most of your space and allows for plenty of storage and countertop space.
- U-Shaped Layouts – U-shaped layouts are perfect for larger kitchens. This type of layout allows for multiple people to work in the kitchen at the same time. It also provides plenty of storage and countertop space.
Which Layout Is Right For You?
The layout that is right for you will depend on your personal preferences and the size of your kitchen. If you have a small kitchen, an L-shaped layout may be the best option for you. If you have a large kitchen, a U-shaped layout may be the best option for you.
What Are The Most Popular Kitchen Remodelling Materials?
One things for sure when it comes to choosing materials for a kitchen remodel and that is sustainability. Its the new focus in building trends with customers wanting long standing quality materials which will stand the test of time. Products that are very trendy in kitchen remodels this year include:
- Quartz countertops are a beautiful and durable option for kitchen countertops. They are made from natural materials and are very strong. Quartz countertops are also easy to care for and do not require sealing or waxing.
- Ceramic tile is a popular choice for backsplashes and flooring. Ceramic tile is durable and easy to clean. It is also available in a wide range of colors and styles.
- Hardwood floors are a popular choice for kitchen flooring. Hardwood floors are durable and easy to care for. They add value to your home and can be refinished if they become scratched or damaged.
What Is The Average Cost Of A Kitchen Remodel?
The average cost of a kitchen remodel is $25,000. This price can vary depending on the size of your kitchen and the materials you choose.3 But with the right information you can save huge on this amount using tips and tricks of the building trade. Sourcing your own materials or even repurposing materials from an old job site can drastically save costs especially in timber works. Its also hard to recreate the ageing process of wood which is naturally found in older sites.
What Are The Most Popular Kitchen Remodelling Colors?
- White – White is a popular color for kitchen remodels because it is clean and fresh. White can make a small space feel larger and brighter.
- Gray – Gray is a popular color for kitchen remodels because it is modern and sleek. Gray can make a small space feel larger and brighter.
- Natural Greens – Natural greens are becoming increasingly popular for kitchen remodels. They are calming and provide a sense of relaxation.
Ready To Improve Your Kitchen?
If you’re ready to improve your kitchen than there is no better time to commit to the project. With housing prices beginning to tank focusing on improving your home is a way to withstand any investment storm. Start an online search today to see the best kitchen remodels of the year or to view the best prices on quotes in your area.
Find Kitchen Remodelling Services