Looking for job security and the opportunity to live in the United States of America? Security guards are needed for various roles across the nation and to ease the demand they’re hiring abroad now. This career is becoming a popular choice for overseas individuals looking to get work in this amazing country. To see security guard jobs hiring foreigners now, start an online search.
Its A Booming And Emerging Industry
The security guard industry is a rapidly growing industry that has seen a surge in demand over the past few years. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the employment of security guards is projected to grow 3% from 2020 to 2030, which is about as fast as the average for all occupations.1 This growth can be attributed to various factors such as increasing concerns over public safety, the rise in crime rates, and the need for security in public spaces like schools, hospitals, and government buildings. With this increasing demand, the industry is expected to generate more than 90,000 new jobs annually, making it a great option for those seeking employment.
High Job Security
One of the biggest advantages of working as a security guard is job security. Security guard jobs are typically considered to be recession-proof, as the need for security services does not diminish during times of economic downturn. In fact, during times of crisis or unrest, the demand for security services may increase, further solidifying job security in this field.
America Pays Strong Wages with Employee Benefits
In addition to job security, security guards are also paid well. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the median annual wage for security guards was $30,050 in the past years, which is higher than the median annual wage for all occupations.2 Security guards who work in high-risk areas like nuclear power plants or government facilities may earn even higher wages. Furthermore, many employers in the security guard industry offer employee benefits such as healthcare, retirement plans, and paid time off, making it an attractive career option for those seeking financial stability and long-term employment.
Tips Before Becoming a Security Guard
If you are considering becoming a security guard, there are a few important things you should keep in mind to ensure that you are prepared for the job and set yourself up for success.
- Research the Requirements: Different states and employers have different requirements for security guards, so it is important to research what qualifications you need to meet in order to become a security guard in your area. This may include training courses, background checks, and obtaining a license.
- Get the Right Training: In order to be an effective security guard, you need to have the right training. Look for training programs that cover topics like safety, communication, and emergency response. Consider seeking additional certifications, such as first aid or CPR, to make yourself a more valuable candidate.
- Understand the Risks: Being a security guard can be a dangerous job, so it is important to understand the risks involved. This includes being aware of potential threats and knowing how to respond in a crisis situation.
- Develop Good Communication Skills: As a security guard, you will be interacting with people from diverse backgrounds on a daily basis. This requires good communication skills, including the ability to listen actively and speak clearly and assertively.
- Stay Physically Fit: Security guards often need to be on their feet for long periods of time and may need to respond quickly to physical threats. It is important to maintain good physical fitness to be able to perform these duties effectively.
- Be Prepared for Shift Work: Security guard jobs often require working non-traditional hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays. Be prepared for this schedule and make sure you have the flexibility to work these hours.
- Network with Other Security Professionals: Joining professional organizations and networking with other security professionals can help you stay up-to-date on industry trends and best practices. It can also provide opportunities for career advancement.
Skills Required To Be A Security Guard
While the security guard industry offers excellent job security and financial benefits, it is important to note that the job requires a certain set of skills and qualifications. Security guards are expected to have excellent communication skills, as they need to interact with people from diverse backgrounds on a daily basis. They must also have good observation and problem-solving skills, as they are responsible for identifying potential threats and taking appropriate action to prevent them. In addition, security guards must be physically fit and have the ability to handle stressful situations calmly and efficiently.3
Career Advancement Opportunities
The security guard industry also offers various career advancement opportunities for those who are willing to put in the effort and dedication. Security guards who demonstrate strong leadership skills and work ethic may be promoted to supervisory or management positions within their organization. They may also pursue additional training and education to become security consultants or private investigators, which can lead to even higher salaries and greater job responsibilities.
Land A Security Guard Job Today
The security guard industry is a growing and secure industry that offers excellent job security, financial benefits, and career advancement opportunities. While the job requires a certain set of skills and qualifications, it is a great career option for those seeking employment in a recession-proof industry with strong wages and employee benefits. To see security guard jobs hiring foreigners now, start an online search.