The disease can affect any part of the gastrointestinal tract – from the mouth to the intestines. Making it very difficult for those who endure it, the number of cases has dramatically inclined in the last few decades.
Five Common Treatments For Those Who Suffer From Chrohn’s Disease
1. Using Medication To Offset Symptoms
2. Changing Your Diet To Avoid Trigger Foods
Foods that can trigger Crohn’s Disease include gluten, dairy, eggs, peanuts and soybeans.
- Gluten: Gluten is a protein found in barley, rye and wheat that not everyone can tolerate. People with Crohn’s Disease often find relief when they stop consuming products containing gluten such as breads or oats. Oats are the exception because they don’t contain gluten but can still cause a reaction for some people meaning it’s important to consult your doctor before making changes to your diet.
- Dairy: When lactose (the sugar found in milk) is poorly digested it begins to ferment and it produces gas which causes pain. Those with Crohn’s have a hard time digesting.
- Eggs: People with Crohn’s Disease need to pay special attention to the food they eat when they are eating a hell of a lot. Individuals with Crohn’s Disease can react badly to all types of eggs and the protein that occurs in them.
- Peanuts: Peanuts are not recommended for those suffering from Crohn’s because they are known to trigger severe inflammation in the digestive tract. on top of that, peanuts contain goitrogens which can also be problematic for those with this condition.
- Soybeans: Soybeans are a great source of plant based protein but they contain lots of damaging phytates. Phytates are acid compounds that can block mineral absorption and decrease bone density. soybeans also contain goitrogens that can have the same effect as peanuts for those with Crohn’s Disease.2
3. Minimizing Stress To Reduce The Incidence Of Flare-Ups
Chronic stress is a factor that doctors believe worsens the symptoms of Crohn’s Disease. Stress can be caused by many different situations and we all react in different ways. Everyone’s threshold for stress is different and some people may not even feel stressed when other people are breaking under the pressure. A few tension relieving ideas include:
- Get A Pet: Pets can really help reduce stress in your life. They can provide a sense of love and companionship that many people don’t get in their day to day lives.
- Meditation: Meditation is said to promote the production of GABA which is sometimes called the human happiness hormone. It’s also been known to help relieve anxiety and some forms of depression.
- Massage therapy: Getting regular massages is a great way to relieve stress from your life but it does come with a price tag.
- Yoga: Yoga is a great way to relieve your body and mind of the effects of stress. It can help you to clear your head while also burn off unwanted calories and stress relieving hormones are released throughout our bodies during yoga.
Many doctors suggest that people suffering from Crohn’s Disease implement some type of stress management into their lives. If you would like more information on natural ways to relieve stress I suggest you search online for more tips or techniques.3
4. Using Surgery As A Method For Chrohn’s Disease Management
Some patients with Chrohn’s will require surgery for this disease to manage their symptoms. Surgery is not an easy thing for people with Crohn’s Disease to consider because it can be a painful and lengthy healing experience. The surgery required to repair this condition vary depending on the severity of the disease. This will also depend on whether you have already tried all other forms of medical treatment and the effects from the medication on your condition and how it was affecting you.4 Surgery may also be a treatment option if patients experience:
- Excessive bleeding in the intestine;
- Abscess, and/or;
- Toxic megacolon.
5. Natural Treatments To Consider
Some of the natural treatments for those with Chrohn’s disease are listed below:
- Protein, vitamin and mineral supplements: For those with Crohn’s Disease it is important to take protein, vitamin and mineral supplements. This can help boost the immune system in order to fight illness.
- Herbal supplements: Herbal supplements have been shown to help control inflammation without causing any side effects.5
- Gluten free diet: It is necessary for individuals suffering from Crohn’s Disease to follow a gluten-free diet because gluten can trigger symptoms such as abdominal pain and diarrhea.
- Magnesium supplements: Magnesium is known as the mineral that helps regulate the body’s control functions. Many people using it report feeling better after taking supplements containing this mineral.
- Lifestyle changes: Lifestyle changes will not only make you feel better but they can also help to deal with Crohn’s Disease symptoms. This includes quitting smoking, cutting down or quitting alcohol and caffeine, eating more fresh vegetables and fruits, controlling stress and quitting smoking all contribute to a healthier lifestyle for sufferers of this disease.
Find Out More On How You Can Manage and Treat Your Chrohn’s Disease Online
Take control of your life and learn more about how you can manage Chrohn’s Disease with a simple online search. It is important to know that not one treatment is suitable for everyone so researching and presenting your ideas to your medical doctor will be your best weapon in the treatment and management of your health.