Influencer marketing has recently been on a rapid rise as brands tap into social media through real customers. Worth a staggering $13.8billion in 2021 influencer marketers can earn a fantastic living simply by posting online.1 If you’re keen to learn how to use your social media to generate an income try an online search.
Social Media Is An Influencers Tidal Wave
As social media continues to become a more integral part of our society and lives so to has influencer marketing. Major brands and companies around the world are using social media to connect to audiences in ways that are more natural than just billboard commercials. Social media has given the opportunity of everyday people to build their own personal brand and get paid by companies to promote their products. In fact its been suggested that up to 70% of teens trust influencers more than traditional celebrities when choosing products!2
Amazing Benefits Of Being An Influencer Marketer
- Flexibility And Freedom – Do you like the idea of working on your own time and schedule? Being an influencer comes with all the bells and whistles of being your own boss. You won’t be bound by full time working hours and a boss breathing down your neck all the time. Another amazing aspect of the flexibility is choosing the industries you’re most passionate for. There are so many amazing niches for influencers including cooking, fashion, technology and gaming.
- Free Gifts And Promotions – Being an influencer has many perks but the added bonus of receiving free gifts from companies is hard to look past. Freebies are on offer from many top companies as they begin to lasso in potential influencers to try their products. You’ll also receive invitations to promotionally events and dinner parties making it amazing for your social life and networking opportunities.
- Work From Home – The ease of working as an influencer is great and many times you don’t even need to leave your own home. Shooting some content with your iPhone or other smart phone can be done from your own kitchen or bedroom.
But How Do I Become An Influencer?
If you want to become an influencer its not as difficult as it may seem you just need to know where to start. Picking a niche or industry first will help to identify the kind of content you will be creating. Evaluating your strengths and weaknesses first is paramount. These are some niches you may be interested in including Beauty, sports, gaming, tech, food, fashion, entertainment, comedy, travel, lifestyle or health and fitness.
The Best Platforms For Influencers In 2022
- Instagram – It still is pretty hard to look past Instagram as one of the top ways to build social media online. The beauty of this app is how easily replicable it is for most people if you have the knack for taking a good photo. There are great applications you can download on your phone for free which can boost the quality and design of your photos making it more attractive to your followers.
- TikTok – Emerging as one of the biggest social media platforms in the world is TikTok. This social media platform is used for videos and short clips which has blown up in recent years with popularity. The majority of celebrities now have TikTok and they spend a lot of time boosting their audiences with entertaining short clips.
- Youtube – Still one of the biggest platforms on the internet is Youtube which also offers Youtube Shorts. Youtube is a great way to boost income for Influencers using their Adsense platform which can boost earnings for every view you receive.
- Pinterest – Not as big as the other 3 but still deserves a mention is Pinterest which is based on sharing pins and pictures you like. It almost resembles like Tumblr and its catered a bit more towards cooking, fashion, home and celebrity gossip.
Listen To Your Audience (They Know What They Want!)
Its very important when starting out as influencer to pay attention to comments on posts. You can easily gauge other pages in your niche to see what their audience actually wants to see more of. Many social media platforms come with demographics and research tools which help to identify who makes up your audience. Is it mostly men or woman, or what age group, or what country are they coming from etc.
Fast Track Your Influencer Career
If you think influencer marketing is something you’d like to pursue there are much easier ways to get started. Instead of trying to figure it all out on your own there are free courses which can help to identify common mistakes people make when starting out. To know the best approach for getting started as an influencer marketing in 2022 try a simple online search.
See Influencer Marketing Platforms